Sunday, June 26, 2011

nolemretaw/watermelon

                                           Purchase Information

This little painting had me cross-eyed by the time I was done with it. As part of this week's online painting challenge, I had to paint a photograph of watermelon slices. The watermelon slices were placed on a mirror and then reflected again in the metal bowl. Tricky? Right? Well, it got even trickier... the photograph I painted from was upside down! Now you get why I was cross-eyed and you might understand the title! Great fun and a whole new perspective on painting a still life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maryann,
    Really incredible color here, very smooth and sensuous, just the right balance of everything. Great, fun work on your blog!
    Thanks for your comment ....I feel all aglow, will come back to it when I have a painting dog day and need a pick up!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete