Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bottle and Pear

Purchase Information
I was lucky enough to take a still life workshop last week with artist Melissa Franklin Sanchez. She is classically trained and studied at the Florence Academy of Art in Italy, where she still lives. Sanchez shows at Grenning Gallery in Sag Harbor and this summer offered a workshop through The Hamptons Studio of Fine Art which is also in Sag Harbor. I have very little formal painting instruction and so was delighted to study with this wonderful artist and teacher. We used a very limited palette -  white, cad yellow, yellow ochre, cad red, English red, alizarin crimson, cobalt blue, and black. Sanchez stressed value, continually reminded us to squint and taught me a new way to soften my edges. I will try to demonstrate her technique in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment