Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Brooklyn Bridge for Jen

Purchase Information

  My wonderful friend, Jen, finds inspiration in the story of the building of the Brooklyn Bridge. Specifically, she is awed by the staggering number of obstacles and bad luck the designers had to overcome during construction. Wikipedia gives a quick synopsis of the daunting events and explains Jen's respect for the process, never mind, the absolute beauty of the finished structure.
  So, it was no wonder that she commissioned a painting of this engineering marvel and architectural masterpiece. What I love about commissioned pieces, is that I end up painting subjects I might never have thought to paint on my own - the Brooklyn Bridge, for example. My thanks to Jen, for giving me this opportunity and for helping me see more than what meets the eye when driving across that spectacular span.

1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job on this. Your colors and brushwork make it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete