Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grey Morning at Hook Pond

                                                                              

     Stepped out of my comfort zone yesterday and painted out of doors with other artists! This is very, very big for me. As a certifiably certified perfectionist, I only want people to see the artwork when it is done... never in process. So this was big - as I have already stated.
     The group of artists belong to the Artist Alliance of Easthampton NY. They are a great bunch and we met at Hook Pond. While the sun never actually stuck its head out all morning, at least it did not rain. Ironically, when I packed up my paints earlier in the day to set out on my new plein aire adventure, I threw in a tube of grey - not a regular in my palette. As the title of this painting implies...  grabbing the grey turned out to be a perfect idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment