Sunday, March 8, 2015

Making Applesauce


Purchase Information

I have been using the internet with sites like Pinterest to look at lots and lots of artwork by a diverse body of artists, young and old, well-known and unknown. It seems I am drawn to a specific style, manner of execution and subject matter over the course of all this work. As a painter myself, I am trying to figure out what it is exactly that makes the paintings I deem "great" or "beautiful," great and beautiful. I have noticed that for one thing, many have very dark backgrounds which is something I would not have thought to do. I tried it here and I like it. I also notice that table lines are often broken up. I did that here, too, with the napkins and mason jars. It worked out nicely, in my humble opinion. It is good to finally be able to "see" what I am seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment