Monday, March 5, 2012

Boats and Clouds

                                               
Purchase information
This is a far cry from the daily 6"x6" oils paintings I have been creating over the past several months. This painting is 30"x40" and was quite a challenge. I have become very accustomed to working to completion in one session. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to come up with the color you used on day one, when it is now day six. I worked from a photograph here. I am excited to try painting this same scene from life in a few months.... as soon as it gets a little warmer and there are more boats in the harbor. I am not sure if I can manage a 30"x40" painting plein aire! but the idea of working beginning to end in one session outside sounds very appealing.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful seascape - love the colours and composition. I just finished a 30x40 also - love working on that scale but they do take time and there is so much more that can go wrong.

    ReplyDelete