Monday, March 12, 2012

A Cool Pear

                                               
Purchase Information
I recently had a little exchange with plein aire artist Roos Schuring regarding her thoughts on still life painting. At this point in her career, she is fully invested and enthralled with the concept of painting out of doors, but at one time painted from photographs and studio set ups. I am breaking away from full reliance on photographs and I am just beginning to adventure outside. I asked her what aspects of still life study she thought would benefit my growth as a painter. She suggested I set up a still life in natural north light. So I did. She was so right! I have fallen in love with cool light... it is so elegant and quiet. Now that is a cool pear!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Great soft values. Why don't you try this 3 times under different lights?

    ReplyDelete