Thursday, March 22, 2012

Daffodil Blues

                                               
Purchase Information
So I am continuing to paint in the blue cast of north light. I am also making an effort to stop painting before I over work the piece and kill its spontaneity. I cannot explain the frustration I feel and cannot count the number of times when I've had something really glorious going on on the canvas and then just lost it because I didn't stop. Its like I know it is done but I put the brush back up to the canvas for that last dab, which inevitably turns into one more dab and one more dab and one more dab and stops at boring. So, for the next few paintings at least, I am going to stop sooner. If I am going to err, it will be on the side of almost done rather than over done.

No comments:

Post a Comment